1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by Karnival Costumes the trading name of Creative Park Limited
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging. We cannot accept goods for exchange or refund where the packaging is missing or damaged. Goods will only be accepted back if they are without damage and in a suitable condition for resale. Costumes may be tried on (but not worn) without affecting your right to return the goods.
3. Underwear, hosiery (tights, stockings and socks), contact lenses, teeth and wigs or hairpieces will not be accepted for exchange or refund if they have been removed from their original packaging. Please note this includes any of these items included with any costume.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. gift card or e-voucher).
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, at Karnival Costumes we have extended that period to 20days. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us. Please ensure that you include either 1) a copy of your invoice with identifying notes as to why the item(s) is/are being returned or 2) a note of your order number and identifying notes.
5A. You and/or your carrier are responsible for any goods until they reach the address specified on the Returns Authorisation Form. Unless the goods prove to be faulty, all costs associated with the return will be at your expense and we would recommend that you use one of Royal Mail's "Tracked" delivery services which will allow you to track the package.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 20 working days.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. All returned goods will be checked when they reach us and this will be completed before any other action is taken. If you have requested a refund these are usually made within 5 working days from our receiving and verifying the item. We cannot be held liable for any interest charges or any other consequential loss associated with your refund request.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
13. Any returned items received which do not adhere to this Returns Policy will be defined as being 'In Dispute'. Any such In Dispute items will not be refunded or exchanged. A member of our customer advisory team will notify you of this fact and provide our reason for this decision. They will discuss the available options with you including reshipping the goods back to you.
14. Items deemed ‘In Dispute’ will be held for 90 days following the date of our communication notifying you of the fact after which they will be destroyed and disposed of.
15. Should an item be returned and received outside of the timescale identified above, we will have no obligation to refund, however providing that the goods conform to the other criteria above, we will issue a Karnival Costumes credit voucher to a value equivalent of the original purchase price which can be redeemed within 90 days of issue.